Tired of rubbish sound quality when making calls with your earbuds? This article outlines the best earbuds for phone calls 2022 so that you can enjoy clear, high-quality phone calls wherever you are.
It’s that time of year again…earbud buying time!
What. Wait. You don’t buy new ear gear annually?
I find I have to these days.
Maybe I’m a perfectionist, or perhaps just a sound snob.
I also have serious FOMO. With all the great tech out there at such reasonable prices, I want to try them all.
Are you like me and spend a large portion of your day on business calls?
Doesn’t it drive you mad when the sound quality just isn’t there?
Makes me feel like Dom Joly in Trigger Happy TV, shouting into the atmosphere trying to get my point across.
Even worse, missing parts of what the other person is saying. There is a big difference between 13k and 30k. I just wish my ear gear would appreciate that.
Whether it be overpowering bass or lack of HiFi audio.
An uncomfortable fit or bad microphone response.
Rubbish battery life and fiddly controls.
Or my all-time biggest ear gear hate – paying $200 to find that the Active Noise Cancelling (ANC) feature is amazing, but I’m struggling to receive high quality sound.
The technology has come so far. It must be possible for us to find THE BEST wireless earbuds 2022.
Earbuds for phone calls AND music, if possible.
Earbuds that can drown out BBC news’ constant Covid-19 drone, while still allowing us clarity in calls, music and entertainment.
While we’re at it, let’s compile a list of the best wireless earbuds 2022 and the best earbuds for iPhone calls.
Like you, I am striving to buy the earbuds to rival all others.
Earbuds that fit my lifestyle and personal needs.
Whether it’s a call from the gym, office or car.
We are going to find the best earbuds 2022.
And for you Apple users, the best earbuds for iPhone calls and the best earphones for iPhone calls with microphone.
For me, there are 8 essential features when choosing the best wireless earbuds for 2022
Sound Over Style
Yes. We want our best wireless earbuds 2022 to be sexy and sleek, but if this compromises sound quality, I’m out.
A Comfortable Fit
My earbuds must allow me to call, listen and record throughout my day without causing me discomfort.
Earbuds are small, so any controls are going to take some getting used to. But I don’t expect this to take me more than a week or so.
When I’m not using my best earbuds 2022, I want them to fit easily into my bag or pocket.
I need people to be able to hear me clearly. I need tip top microphone technology. And when it comes to Apple products, I need the best earbuds for iPhone calls.
Do you take calls in cafes, at the gym or a noisy office space? Then like me, you are dying for decent ANC technology. And noise cancellation that doesn’t mean a compromise on other features. Even the best earphones for iPhone with microphone need decent noise cancelling technology.
This is an essential feature if you want to be able to use your ear gear while working out, jogging or on crowded, sweaty public transport.
With the busy lives we lead and the amount of technology in our lives, it can be difficult to keep it together when it comes to charging devices. A solid battery life is a deal-breaker.
Decent earbuds aren’t cheap, but you don’t need to rack up debt during the holiday season to get a pair that meet your lifestyle and needs.
Now let’s look at my short list of best wireless earbuds for 2022!
- World-class ANC technology with HiFi audio and volume-optimized Active EQ that gives you consistent balance no matter the volume.
- 2 different sound settings – quiet and aware mode.
- Battery life that lasts up to 6 hours on one charge.
- These earbuds come in a compact charging case and are sweat and water resistant.
- They come in 4 different colours: triple black, soapstone, sandstone or stone blue.
- Easy-to-use controls
- The tiny super powered mics block out unwanted noise without affecting the clear sound quality of our voice.
- The buds will store the last 7 devices you connected to.
- An app that supports both Apple and Android.
- Their design is bulky looking.
Bose are industry leaders in sound and these earbuds do not disappoint.
- ANC technology with HiFi audio, volume-optimized active EQ and a high dynamic range amplifier to give you balanced sound with no sound distortion, even with your bass down to 20hz.
- You can switch easily between ANC and transparency mode with a press and hold of a button.
- The in-built microphones in these earbuds are designed for pro audio performance and excellent sound isolation.
- Sweat and water resistant.
- Sleek, lightweight charging case.
- The Airpods design is based around sensors that adjust the sound levels depending on motion, speech, force and optics. These earbud sensors are so good, they almost know what you want before you want it.
- There is an automatic switching feature between the Apple devices you use the most, leaving you completely hands free.
- Airpods come in white only.
- They conform to Apple’s signature earphone design and despite the added silicon buds, they may not be as comfortable as other brands.
- Only 4.5 hours of user time with one charge.
- May not work so well with non-Apple products.
If you are looking for the best earbuds for iPhone calls then these will be number 1 on your list.
- AKG sound technology that provides you with good all-round bass and treble, exactly as you like it.
- Buds+ feature 3 microphones, a curved design to avoid wind noise and efficient ANC, so that your voice can be heard clearly whoever you’re on the phone to.
- They come in 5 different colours to suit your unique style and are small, discrete and sci-fi looking.
- They are lightweight and comfortable, with 3 different sizes of silicon bud for you to enjoy a snug, personalised fit. You can even take the “Earbud Fit Test” through the Galaxy Wearable app.
- 11 hours of user time with one charge.
- Bluetooth 5.0 provides you with reliable connectivity to your other Samsung devices, including your watch and non-Samsung devices.
- Theirre app works on both Android and Apple 7+ products.
- The Galaxy Buds 2 are not water resistant.
Samsung Galaxy Buds+ are sexy as and for the price you will not be disappointed.
- Industry leading noise cancelling technology providing integrated, isolated and exceptional sound quality with reduced distortion.
- Precise Voice Pickup Technology with beamform microphones and bone-conduction sensors so you can enjoy clear, stress-free phone calls.
- Noise isolation tips made from a unique foam material. With their soft elasticity, the surface contact area between the bud and your ear is maximised, providing ultimate comfort and sound quality.
- Take the buds out of your ears and they will know. The music or video sound will stop. Put them back in, and the sound will start again.
- Water resistant.
- 8 hours of user time in one charge.
- The Fast Pair connection and fast processor enables a seamless connection with your devices via Bluetooth 5.0. No more skipping, cutting out or sound interference with these Sony earbuds.
- Their charging case is not as compact as others, but like the earbuds, it has a soft, quality design.
- Come in black and white only.
- Not compatible with Apple products
These Sony earbuds are much more attractive than their name.
- ANC technology, Transparent Hearing technology and the TrueResponse Transducer allow you to enjoy clear sound and bouncing bass with fully customizable settings.
- 4 microphones to provide unbeatable response and sound quality
- These earbuds have an ergonomic design and their silicon tips come in 4 sizes for your unique ear shape and comfort.
- Comes in a super compact charging case that can fit in your pocket.
- The earbuds are fully controllable through touch control technology and all settings are fully customizable.
- Sony CX Plus earbuds are water resistant to rain and sweat, so you can carry on your call even when running in the rain.
- An impressive 8 hours battery life so you can enjoy all the features throughout your day.
- Unlike the other brands on this list, Sennheiser use Bluetooth 5.2 for seamless connectivity to all your Android or Apple devices.
- There app is compatible with both Android and Apple.
- They come in black and white only.
The Sennheiser CX Plus earbuds mean business.
- Cutting edge ANC, Hear Through technology with 11 levels of sound your ears will be doing the Samba.
- These earbuds have 2 microphones cancelling out the noise you don’t want and accentuating the noise you do.
- All settings are fully customisable to give you perfectly tailored Elite sound that you deserve.
- Magnetic docking and closure
- Fully adjustable HearThrough lets you choose how much of the outside world you want to let in at the touch of a button.
- With a swanky black design and semi-open silicone oval EarGels with pressure relief vents that come in 3 sizes.
- Easy to use, fully customizable button controls so you can change how you use your buttons.
- 2 mics. One that cancels noise coming into the ear from outside. The second cancels noise that is already inside the ear.
- 3 powerful professional-grade microphones into each bud for clear, crisp call quality.
- Up to 5.5 hours on a single charge.
- They’re also wireless charging enabled and compatible with all Qi-certified chargers, so when they do run low, just place them on your charging pad (or plug them into the USB-C cable).
- App is compatible with Android and Apple products.
- They only come in Titanium Black.
Jabra have created earbuds that will make you feel like a VIP every time you use them.
The last blast on the best earbuds of 2022…
Whether you are an Android or Apple user, there are earbuds in this short list for you.
They all meet my strict criteria.
All of the earbuds above deliver:
- Quality sound
- Ease of use
- ANC technology
- Water resistance
- And reasonable pricing
Get yourself a set of the best wireless earbuds 2022 and enjoy the best quality calls of your life. Don’t settle for 13k when you could get 30!